Spam-only HTML to text?

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Sun Feb 23 21:16:16 GMT 2003

> From: Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>
> At 20:53 23/02/2003, you wrote:
> >We recently upgraded to 4.12.-2; great job as usual, Julian!
>
> Thanks!
>
> >I like the idea of being able to convert html messages to text - especially
> >the pornographic messages. Yet I don't see a way to limit the html-to-text
> >conversion to only those messages identified as spam.
>
> One of the possible "Spam Actions" and/or "High Scoring Spam Actions" is
> "striphtml" which does this.

Just as an FYI about doing "Convert HTML To Text" and "striphtml":

I had been wanting to do this for a VERY long time ... but if you do it,
it means that the message is no longer in its original format, which in
turn means that you should not submit it to sa-learn or razor (because you
will have removed things that would help sa-learn truely learn from it,
and razor matches against the original content).

Ultimately, submitting it to sa-learn and the razor were more important
to me, so I turned off "Convert HTML To Text".