F-Prot Lock file error

Victor R. Cain vic at vicsfamily.net
Sun Feb 23 18:37:27 GMT 2003

I have looked for this one in the archives with no luck, so I hope someone
knows the answer:

/etc/mailscanner/autoupdate/f-prot   ran at 4:27 this morning and created a
lock file: /tmp/FProtBusy.lock, containing:
   Locking for updating FProt virus files by 20397
  Unlocked after updateing FProt virus files by 20397

Then later that day, I got this:
  Cannot create /tmp/FProtBusy.lock,
  Permission denied at /usr/share/mailscanner/logger.pl, line 64.

/tmp/FProtBusy.lock was still there -- shouldn't the script have deleted it?

I am running Debian "testing" which uses Mailscanner 3.27, Spamassassin 2.43,
and the latest version of F-Prot (installed by a Debian installer).  Since
installing all this, the mail delivery seems to work fine, at least I'm
getting all the mail I expect in and the outgoing mail seems to go out like
it should.  I don't really know how to test the spam and virus catching
capabilities.  I'm unsure what other information might be pertinent.

Thanks in advance,
Vic Cain

--
Victor R. Cain             (865)435-5084    Fax:(865)435-9709
E: vic at vicsfamily.net      Web: www.vicsfamily.net