SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at VANRAMSELAAR.NL
Sun Feb 23 09:47:05 GMT 2003

Mike Kercher wrote:
> I tried the same thing on one of my boxes today.  MailScanner processes went
> through the roof, stuck there and tons of mail got piled up.  Went back to
> 2.44, restarted MS and ALL that mail got delivered :)

I decided to upgrade SA to 2.50 yesterday. The 'make test' really abused
my system too, but then again, it's just an old and slow machine.

I restarted MS and the first messages came through fine, even without
high loads when checking for spam. However, sometime later I noticed SA
timing out every time! Sometimes with piling up the mail and not
delivering it.

I downgraded SA back to 2.44 and all seems back to 'normal' now.

--
   Evert Jan van Ramselaar  <evertjan at vanramselaar.nl>
   Van Ramselaar Info Tech  <http://www.vanramselaar.nl>