SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Sat Feb 22 13:37:24 GMT 2003

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Gerry Doris wrote:

> I installed SA 2.50 using CPAN.  I've gone back and re-installed using the
> SA 2.50 rpm's (wasn't sure how to force another CPAN install???).  That
> still didn't stop MailScanner from using 100% CPU and then timing out SA.
>
> I have now done a complete new MailScanner re-install.  Everything seems
> to be working now.  I'm even calling SA after MailScanner using procmail
> and all is well.
>
> My guess is that CPAN messed up something with MailScanner???
>
> --
> Gerry

Well, I was a little too hasty to claim success.  After all my
experimenting I had forgotten to turn on spamassassin checking in
MailScanner.conf.  All I was getting was the empty x-header.

I went back and turned on SpamAssassin in MailScanner.conf and immediately
the MailScanner processes used up all CPU cycles and started timing out
SpamAssassin.

I'm now back to just running SpamAssassin from procmail and everything is
working again???

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer