Different spam actions based on what MailScanner caused to mark the Mail as spam

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 21 18:34:42 GMT 2003

At 17:38 21/02/2003, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'd like to delete a mail if it is recognised as spam because
>the MTA is on a RBL-List (defined using the Spam List option).
>
>Everything else should be delivered, but marked.
>Is this possible? I didn't found such option.

This can be achieved with a little bit of SpamAssassin configuration.
Set "Spam List =" to disable MailScanner's RBL checking, and use
SpamAssassin's RBL checking instead.
Set a very high score (e.g. 100) for all the rules that affect RBL's. To do
this, look for "RBL" in /usr/share/spamassassin/20_head_tests.cf for the
names of the rules, and read "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf" to find out how
to modify the scores for certain rules.
Then use "High SpamAssassin Score = 100" and "High Scoring Spam Actions =
delete" in MailScanner.conf.

If you can't find the rules or want to confirm that you are doing it right,
drop me a line.
--
Julian Field