Spamassassin 2.50 & SQL logging

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Fri Feb 21 17:32:22 GMT 2003

Julian,

That would be perfect!

How about hiding the config option instead - created as CustomLogging which
is called at the end of the batch that tests to see if
InitCustomLogging/CustomLogging/EndCustomLogging has been defined or not and
calls them if they are - possible?? - at least it would save on confusion in
the config file...

Thanks,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: 21 February 2003 17:18
To: MAILSCANNER at jiscmail.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Spamassassin 2.50 & SQL logging

Sounds like you all need a
         Always Looked Up Last
parameter, whose value was ignored. This will be evaluated for every
message, right at the end of the message batch loop. If it is just set to
"yes" or "no" the overhead will be minimal for people that don't use it for
anything. It is there specifically to have "side-effects" so you can do
your logging.

Any better suggestions for the name?

At 16:51 21/02/2003, you wrote:
>At 16:34 21/02/2003, you wrote:
>>Hi Julian,
>>
>>I like your idea about writing the data to a text file and then
periodically
>>reading it into MySQL as this would do exactly what I want and never runs
>>the risk of the database being unavailable - it would also be useful as
one
>>could do a 'tail -f' on the file and watch the traffic going through.
>>
>>What would be the best configuration option to use to do this? - ideally
I'd