New March Sophos, 3.67...

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Fri Feb 21 12:10:37 GMT 2003

Hello all...

Terribly premature of course (seeing as it has only just
come out), but I've just been looking at the release notes
for Sophos 3.67 -

http://www.sophos.com/readmes/readunix.txt

Other than it featuring 'Improved scanning of Petite files' (What???),
I note this release features a new version of the SAV interface (version 3)...

There is an explicit '-so' option to the install script to create a symlink
from libsavi.so -> libsavi.so.3 ...

I'm assuming MS doesn't actually use SAVI, but does anything in
the release notes imply there might be a problem in just downloading
this new release, and doing the normal 'Sophos.install' routine?