Custom spam score

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Tue Feb 18 22:08:42 GMT 2003

> From: Scott Adkins <adkinss at OHIO.EDU>
>
> --On Tuesday, February 18, 2003 1:47 PM -0500 Denis Beauchemin=20
> <Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA> wrote:
>
> > Your mods gave an error...  I corrected it by removing the "." in all
> > occurrences of "EMAILBUCKS.COM".
>
> What if you put a backslash in front of it?  The "." has special meaning
> in regular expressions (meaning, "match any character in that position").
>
> >> body     EMAILBUCKS.COM         /emailbucks.com/i

I think you misunderstood what he's saying.

He didn't say remove the dot from the regular expression, he said remove
the dot from the RULE name.  So it would look like:

body    EMAILBUCKSCOM           /emailbucks.com/i

Though, yes, it would also be a good idea to escape the . in the regular
expression.