changing user and group

Cameron Pitt-Downton cameron at TERAGEN.COM.AU
Tue Feb 18 03:20:56 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've been playing around with changing the user and group that mailscanner
runs as, I've changed the permissions of the queues and the incoming and
quarantine directories to match, but mailscanner is still unhappy. It starts
up fine without any errors, but once it's spawned the 5 child processes it
kills them all off and then just sits there spawning and killing off a child
processes in an endless loop, nothing gets processed either.

So I was wondering what else I've missed.

Cameron