SV: SV: rav not scanning archives by default

Steffan Henke henker at SHCOM.US
Sun Feb 16 19:39:36 GMT 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/* directories? Are they being created
> writeable and readable by the Exim user?

Julian,

this is sendmail here, not Exim. It may have to do something with the
permissions, but I would think the moment it gets called it is running
as root, so it should be able to create the report file.

> The rav-wrapper script has to generate an output log file from ravav
> itself, and then print that out. This is due to it truncating filenames
> when using output straight to a terminal window, but not when outputing to
> a file. Nasty :-(

Yes, it really confused me the first time I had a look at it - well, it
still does :)

Regards,

Steffan