SV: SV: rav not scanning archives by default

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 16 19:21:33 GMT 2003

At 19:00 16/02/2003, you wrote:
>On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Julian Field wrote:
>
> >          ls -l
> >          /usr/lib/MailScanner/rav-wrapper --all --mail --archive .
> > with some viruses and stuff in /tmp.
> > The output you have included below says that rav-wrapper is basically
> working.
>
>Yes, I think so, it detected the eicar strings in a .com and a .zip-file,
>but I get nothing back when calling it through MailScanner. Weird.

The -wrapper script requires write permission to the directory containing
the messages. Can you check the ownership and permissions of the
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/* directories? Are they being created
writeable and readable by the Exim user?

The rav-wrapper script has to generate an output log file from ravav
itself, and then print that out. This is due to it truncating filenames
when using output straight to a terminal window, but not when outputing to
a file. Nasty :-(

--
Julian Field