False Positive ?

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Fri Feb 14 22:35:08 GMT 2003

I'd read up on Sircam:

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32sircama.html

Since Sircam has its own SMTP engine, she doesn't even have to be sending
out the email manually.  Sircam, also being network aware, I'd have her
people check their whole network.  The attachment that Sophos is catching is
coming from somewhere.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Tim Tyler
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 4:23 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: False Positive ?

Mailcanner experts,
  We are running mailscanner 2.6 on an aix 4.3 system along with Sophos
engine.  It has been running fine for more than a year without any real
issues.  I just received a complaint from an outside site where the sender
claims that they send very simple messages (no attachments and signature
turned off).  However, she always gets back the following response.
 MailScanner <root at beloit.edu> wrote:Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:26:34 -0600