Outgoing queue dir question

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 20:51:46 GMT 2003

At 08:36 12/02/2003, you wrote:
>I was just wondering if anyone has wildcards (/var/spool/mqueue/*) or
>rulsets working with the "Outgoing Queue Dir" option.

This is only valid in the Incoming Queue Dir option, as explained in the
comments in the MailScanner.conf file.

>With wildcards I get the following error:
>"Error in configuration file line 72, directory /var/spool/mqueue/* for
>outqueuedir does not exist (or is not readable)"
>
>and with rulesets all I get:
>"Syntax error in line 1 of ruleset file
>/etc/MailScanner/mqueue.out.list.conf for keyword outqueuedir".

The ruleset /etc/MailScanner/rules/mqueue.out.rules should look like this:
To:     domain1.com             /var/spool/mqueue.domain1
To:     *@domain2.com   /var/spool/mqueue.domain2
FromOrTo:       default         /var/spool/mqueue

This will put mail for domain1.com into 1 directory, mail for domain2.com
into another, and everything else into a third. You will then need to run
sendmail "queue runners" for each of the outgoing queue directories.

--
Julian Field