MailScanner is not processing files in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Daniele Antoniazzi daniele.antoniazzi at ACCENT.IT
Fri Feb 14 13:23:59 GMT 2003

Dear All,

I've installed MailScanner following the instructions at:

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/other.shtml

on a Solaris machine. My platform is:

Solaris 2.6
perl v5.6.0 built for sun4-solaris
MailScanner 4.12-2
no SpamAssassin
fresh install from tarball

I've checked all paths in conf files, and everything seems consistent.
I receive correctly the mails in /var/spool/mqueue.in, but afterwards
nothing happens...

I've enabled mail scanning in /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf
I've started MailScanner with:

/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner

and I can see MailScanner with ps, I see running:

  /usr/local/bin/perl -I/opt/MailScanner/lib
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf

I've also monitored it with truss, it sleep for a while and then wakes
up and forks, I've also seen that it fails on this:

stat64("/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/15742", 0x000ED998) Err#2 ENOENT

where 15742 is just a number increasing.
No file is created in:

/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

and nothing disappears from:

/var/spool/mqueue.in