FW: question for sendmail experts

S Mohan smohan at VSNL.COM
Wed Feb 12 08:08:14 GMT 2003

Should have hit Reply All - missed this. Peter: Please excuse the duplicate
you'd get due to this mistake.

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: S Mohan [mailto:smohan at vsnl.com]
Sent: 12 February 2003 13:36
To: peter.peters at civ.utwente.nl
Subject: RE: question for sendmail experts

This would assume only one mail server internally then. With this scheme,
forwarding per domain will not be feasible. Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Setting up rsync may be a better solution than just a cron job.

Another option is to have a separate queue per domain and do the same as
above from different directories to different machines. Can we set up
mailscanner to deliver mails depending on domains to different queues? I
think we can using rulesets in MailScanner.conf. I cannot but help admiring
how much flexibility this ruleset feature gives us time and again. Great
Stuff and very innovative thinking Julian => Thanks.

Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/mqueue is the line to work on and convert to
a ruleset in MailScanner.conf.

I'd also like to know why header should not be changed - need to be expanded
for my understanding. Do we want to hide the fact that it came thro' a relay
system that runs the scanner for the sake of some application that processes
last received headers?

Mohan