3.x to 4.x Upgrade

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 3 15:39:36 GMT 2003

At 15:12 03/02/2003, you wrote:
>Thanks Julian
>
>I will setup the spare server later.....are there some FAQs on upgrading
>to 4.x? What are the gotchas etc to look out for?

Read the "What's new in V4" page on the web site. No particular gotchas
that come to mind. When you run MailScanner V4 for the first time, keep a
close eye on your maillog for any errors it finds. If it finds errors it
won't be able to startup properly. Once it is running, expect there to be
several MailScanner processes, you can use the init.d script to control
them all. If you keep seeing defunct processes that keep re-spawning
themselves, then there is an error in your configuration somewhere which is
stopping it loading properly. Check your maillog for signs of the error.

Basically just take it slowly and methodically and you should be fine.

--
Julian Field