MCP bug? Mcp only reading last rule .cf file

Tue Dec 30 16:35:58 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 4:45 pm, Darren Fulton - Concept Technology wrote:

> > >header   BANNED         Subject =~ /banned/i
> > >describe BANNED         Banned Subject
> > >score    BANNED         22
> > >
> > >body     BANNED_BODY    /this text is banned/i
> > >describe BANNED_BODY    Banned body text
> > >score    BANNED_BODY    5
> > >
> > >header   BANNED         Subject =~ /penis/i
> > >describe BANNED         Banned Subject
> > >score    BANNED         10
> > >
> > >header   BANNED         Subject =~ /valium/i
> > >describe BANNED         Banned Subject
> > >score    BANNED         10

> > You have given 3 of your rules the same name. All rules must have
> > different
> > names.

> Do you mean the word "BANNED" as in,
>
> header   BANNED         Subject =~ /valium/i
> describe BANNED         Banned Subject
> score    BANNED         10
>
> ?

Indeed, yes.

Try "BANNED", "BANNED_P", and "BANNED_V" or some such distinction.

> Or are you talking about something else?  That makes sense, but the
> example text maybe should make that clear that "BANNED" is descriptive
> statement and cannot be the same in any two rules.

All SpamAssassin rules must have unique names.   This is therefore true for
MailScanner's MCP because it is simply a special instance of MailScanner with
a select ruleset.

Antony.

--
The idea that Bill Gates appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all
customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that

 - Douglas Adams in The Guardian, 25th August 1995

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.