postfix, mailscanner, mail relay

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at pdscc.com
Mon Dec 29 04:17:12 GMT 2003

On 28 Dec 2003 at 22:17, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> never reload postfix, reload mailscanner.  You don't want to see standalone
> postfix instances wandering around.

I am aware of that, the text above was paraphrased from Richard Blum's book,
which I noted at the beginning of the description of those steps.

> Have you read the faqs?

Obviously not the relevant ones ;-)

> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/152.html

Thanks, that's just what I needed.  Wasn't quite sure which main.cf file to
edit. In hindsight it's obvious that it should be the sending instance on
postfix.

> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/postfix.shtml

Heh, that's the one I used to set it up in the beginning.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting