I'm trying to get MailScanner to work

Jonas Bardino jones at ODENSE.KOLLEGIENET.DK
Tue Dec 23 08:19:24 GMT 2003

* Billy A. Pumphrey <bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM> [Dec 22. 2003 23:06]:
> That information helped me know what's going on a little better but It
> didn't help the machine work.
> Here are the results:
>

> Thank You
> Billy Pumphrey

<cut: sendmail stuff>
>  I did so and noticed that these line might not be right:
> Root    29460   1.0     0.0     0       0       0       ?       Z
> 16:58   0:00[MailScanner <defunct>]
> And a lot of these:
> Root 19460      0.1     0.0     0       0       0       ?       Z
> 16:58 0:0 [MailScanner <defunct>] which I guess is about the same of the
> above.

I haven't paid much attention to this thread, so please bear with me if
somebody already suggested this:
The above "defunct" process may indicate an error in your MailScaner setup.
Setting "Debug = yes" in MailScanner.conf and restarting MailScanner
might give you some hints if that is the case.

>         This all, of course, is assuming your MailScanner config is good
> with SpamAssassin installed etc.
>
> Thank You
> Billy Pumphrey

Regards, Jonas