bigevil usage... confused

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Sat Dec 20 14:16:55 GMT 2003

Julian,
   "ls -lu" shows that /etc/mail/spamassassin/bigevil.cf (perms = 644)
isn't being used, even though the local.cf symlink in /etc/mail/spamassassin
(pointing to /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf) is.  The
times differ substantially.  But if I run the lint command (below),
then both local.cf and bigevil.cf have their times updated, even though
the lint output make no explicit mention of bigevil.cf.  Still no
references to bigevil in the syslog for SA.  Running SA 2.61;  now I'm
very confused.  Maybe I missed some incantation when I built/installed 2.61.
Or maybe I have to refer to bigevil.cf somehow in spam.assassin.prefs.conf.
Any more ideas?

Jeff