Bayes Poisoning? Spam with negative BAYES Scores - ahhhh

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Sat Dec 20 12:16:23 GMT 2003

-------- Original Message --------
From:   - Sat Dec 20 22:36:03 2003
Date:   Sat, 20 Dec 2003 22:35:58 +1100
From:   Pete <pete at eatathome.com.au>
To:     peter.peters at utwente.nl
Subject:        Re: Bayes Poisoning? Spam with negative BAYES Scores - ahhhh

Peter Peters wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:53:11 +1100, you wrote:
>

>>I am starting to find that as the bayes DB is getting larger that more
>>spam is starting to get through. I have only installed 6 weeks ago and
>>in the last 2 weeks i have a steady increase in spam not being trapped -
>>is there bayes maintenance i need to do? maybe its something completely
>>unrelated, but it seemed logical to me.
>>

>I save undetected spam and feed that into sa-learn. I am working on
>filters that do the same with spam that is detected but has a negative
>bayes score.
>
>--
>Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
>Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
>Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
>telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/civ

Hi and thanks - i currently dont have the option for creating
spam/notspam mail accounts - and the count of spam being let through is
now starting become a huge issue - heaps of spamm is not being trapped,
or the reason Nathan pointed out above - Nathan, have you found some
type of fix? I am no guru at this and dont want to have a long list of
SA custom rules i dont know a lot about. Are these the only 2 options i
have? or delete or stop using bayes?