block message on IP

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Fri Dec 19 13:52:14 GMT 2003

If you "send" these messages via MS Outlook the headers will be mangled and
will be useless for spamassassin training.

Drag and drop the messages into public folders on your exchange server and
get them via IMAP for spamassassin training.

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK

-----Original Message-----
Of Bart J. Smit
Sent: 19 December 2003 13:45
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: block message on IP

I would like to implement a feedback feature where users can send false
negatives and positives to a set of mailboxes, say spam and nospam. These
would be scanned by sa-learn every hour on a cron job.

Of course it is far too easy for a spammer to submit their spam to
nospam at mailscanner <mailto:nospam at mailscanner>  so I want to restrict the IP
addresses that can submit mail to that box to the mail servers where my
users are on.

The MailScanner.conf doesn't seem to offer an option for blocking messages
in a ruleset. The closest I have seen is to block encrypted and unencrypted
messages on the same ruleset.

Does this indeed block all messages? Is there perhaps an easier way to do
this in sendmail?

Thanks

Bart...