[OT] RDNS (TO: Res - ausics.net)

Ivan Mirisola ivan at NUCCI.COM.BR
Thu Dec 18 15:16:42 GMT 2003

Thanks Res,

I had read on another e-mail about this DNSBL. I followed their policy
and installed it successfully on mu system.
I had to rsync some files with them and configure my DNS to forward
requests to njabl.org on my localhost on port 953.
There is a special daemon to resolve DNS queries that one should be
running on that port.
I have been running since yesterday and it caught a lot of spam already.

Sadly, I had to remove the RDNS stuff out of my sendmail configuration
because it was blocking legitimate e-mail from clients. There are a lot
of broken configuration in DNS servers all over Brazil. So I think I
will wait a while to implement this solution. One of the major ISPs here
is TERRA NETWORKS and they are starting to test this kind of
configuration on their systems. I bet that they are following in AOL´s path.

Best regards,
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all.

Ivan