installing problem

חואן juan at SAREL.CO.IL
Thu Dec 18 09:52:57 GMT 2003

Hi !

I installed version 4.25-14.

I read the install guide but I dont understand the following :

        You will then need to check the paths for your particular system
setup. Check the paths in each of these files:
        /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner
        /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner (just line 1)
        /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/SystemDefs.pm
        /opt/MailScanner/etc/virus.scanners.conf
        /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf
        /opt/MailScanner/lib/*
        You should also compile the "tnef" binary for your system. The
source code (and compiled versions for Solaris and Linux) are in the "bin"
directory in the MailScanner tar file you downloaded. I advise you put the
"tnef" program into somewhere such as /opt/MailScanner/bin/tnef. You will
also need to check the MailScanner.conf file to ensure that the setting for
"TNEF Expander" points to where you put the program

my questions are :
1.what I need to check on the above paths in the above files? after I did
./install.sh from within MailScanner-4.25-14  foIder,I got another folder
(/opt/mailscanner) and inside it there inst  any
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner  file at all.

2. I didnt find any tnef in /opt/MailScanner/bin I did find it in /usr/bin
tnef Is that what they mean in the install guide?

thanks very much