MCP (Was: Re: Internet Explorer URL Display problem)

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 08:28:31 GMT 2003

At 19:05 16/12/2003, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:

>>They are there now.
>
>Ta

>>Fixed.
>
>Apart from the HTML Page title!! ;-)
>
>Had a bit of a play with this but got a bit stuck. Changed some of the
>conf entries on the web page which looked promising. Thought changing
>MCP Checks from no to yes would be a good start! ;-) Bit puzzled though
>now about what MS does if something fails the MCP tests. Tried
>
>MCP Actions = store
>High Scoring MCP Actions = store
>
>but that seemed to hit the bit-bucket? Tried using deliver instead and
>that got through with the extra headers so it's working. With deliver,
>the log noted that it was to be delivered, but with store - nothing in
>the log.

Looks like the MCP quarantining doesn't work. I need to spend a few hours
on the MCP code applying any/all of the changes I have made to the SA and
Message code.
Watch this space...

>Wasn't sure what the Is Definitely stuff and the Report things were
>about though...? I guess the defaults in your examples follow the usual
>protocol of playing safe and not activating things without the user
>wanting them. Trouble is I want to and haven't worked out how yet!!!
>
>Sorry if I'm being thick!

You're not being thick. I never got as far as writing any MCP docs at all,
I wanted to get it working first, but haven't touched it in quite a while.

--
Julian Field