Migrate bayes database to new machine

Bart J. Smit mailscanner at SMITS.CO.UK
Tue Dec 16 00:44:47 GMT 2003

I have built a new MS machine to relieve the strain on the humble hardware of the old relay. Prior to cutting over, I would like to migrate the bayes database to give the new box a running start. I tried these commands:

on the old box: sa-learn --dump all > /tmp/badump

copy this file to the new box and do: sa-learn --import /tmp/badump

This comes back with: # bayes upgrade_old_dbm_files: unable to find bayes_toks and bayes_seen, stopping

I have tried with pointing both sa-learn commands to their respective database paths (/root/.spammassasin/bayes) and preferences (/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf). I have rebuilt the latest spamassasin (2.61-1) from source RPM and upgraded it on both boxes, but still I get the error.

I'm obviously missing something simple.

Any clues?

Bart...