Linux Exchange Server

Ryan Finnesey ryan.finnesey at CORPDSG.COM
Mon Dec 15 01:58:40 GMT 2003

I also hope that I do not start an Exchange/Anti-Exchange flame war.
But one other thing you can look into is licensing Exchange via an ASP
model.  I do not know how many users you need to support but Diversified
and many other company's offer hosted Exchange for about $20 a user and
can get as low as $14 per user monthly.  This will include your
Microsoft Outlook client license, Microsoft Exchange CAL, Backup
services, Active Directory ect...

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Steve Evans
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 7:57 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Linux Exchange Server

There is the external connector license.  But it sounds like that
probably wouldn't apply to your situation.  Impossible to say without
knowing anything about your scenario.

I think one of the best ways I've heard someone justify the cost of
Exchange is, "When your paying your employee $x0,000 a year, another $50
to make them productive isn't a big deal."

Hope I didn't start an Exchange/Anti-Exchange flame war.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation