MailScanner and SA Config

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Dec 12 03:16:49 GMT 2003

 I don't think this was realized until now but since MailScanner calls
SA with the specified config file option, then SA doesn't read all the
.cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin  I only found out recently on the SA
lists that SA would do this.  SA will read in every cf file located
there.  The benefit is that you don't have to keep modifying one file
for example using the frequently updated evil rules found on the SA
custom rule emporium
http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/sa_rules.htm

Can the next Mailscanner have the ability to specify a file or path or
turn off the sa conf option?

-=Bobby