Firewall woes - ports to be used

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 11 17:00:11 GMT 2003

The information from the Spamassassin docs (below) show two rules, is only
the outbound rule required?

Also note that DCC requires that you open your firewall for DCC reply
packets on UDP port 6277.   DCC uses UDP packets when replying, which
are blocked by most firewalls by default. As a result, it requires
that you open your firewall for DCC reply packets on UDP port 6277.
Here's sample firewall rules required:

      allow udp local gt 1023 to remote 6277
      allow udp remote 6277 to local gt 1023

-----Original Message-----
From: Antony Stone [mailto:Antony at SOFT-SOLUTIONS.CO.UK]
Sent: 11 December 2003 12:30
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Firewall woes - ports to be used

On Thursday 11 December 2003 12:26 pm, Plant, Dean wrote:

> FYI - the Razor ports are only required outbound.

I should hope that is true of all of them!?

(Assuming your firewall allows in reply packets - but none of the services
should be initiated from outside....)

Antony.

--
This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named
above

If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it
immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of
caster sugar.   Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a warm oven for
40
minutes.   Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding some
decorative kiwi fruit and cream.   Then notify me immediately by return
email
and eat the original message.

                                                     Please reply to the
list;
                                                           please don't CC
me.

--
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.