Slackware 9.1, Postfix, and MailScanner

Collins, Kevin KCollins at NESBITTENGINEERING.COM
Wed Dec 10 14:45:55 GMT 2003

> I am no expert - but it looks like you are sending mail from
> the local machine - mailscanner wont be scanning this mail -
> get a mail client on another machine, make the outbound SMTP
> addy your mailscanner machine and send your new mail - have a
> tail -f /var/yourlogfilepath console running to watch what happens.

Thanks for replying.  Yes you're right, I was sending from the local
machine.  I was not aware that MailScanner wouldn't scan e-mails when
delivered this way - you live and learn.

So I set up a machine on my LAN that uses "Freedom" (my new MS Box) as an
SMTP host, and I've been able to verify that MailScanner is actually
working.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin