MailScanner and RedHat 6.0

Tue Dec 9 18:13:29 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 5:19 pm, Benny Pedersen wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 17:35, Julian Field wrote:
> > One of you is misreading/mistyping. Are we talking about RedHat 8 or
> > RedHat 6?
>
> sorry i readed 6.0 as 8.0 :(
>
> >>well lets go on with postfix, will mailscanner change to use content
> >>filter style of postfix ?
> >
> > Unlikely.
>
> why not ?
>
> the mailscanner is imho okay for sendmail, but i have changed to use
> amavisd new to stay away for running postfix as sendmail, well maybe i
> just need to laern more about why :/

Perhaps someone can explain to me what the advantage of postfix is over
sendmail or exim?   I've only ever used sendmail, and I believe that exim is
a convenient replacement for higher performance on the same hardware.

What would be the advantage of choosing postfix instead?

Not trying to start a religious flame war here - just curious, looking for
information.

Antony.

--
RTFM may be the appropriate reply, but please specify exactly which FM to R.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.