Ip to country query

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Fri Dec 5 18:12:36 GMT 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 01:06:19PM -0500, Matt Kettler is rumored to have said:

> I use a couple of the blackholes.us lists to add a small amount (max 1.0)
> to the SA scores of email coming from countries that aren't normally much
> of the day-to-day email here but generate a lot of spam. Mostly cn-kr and
> brazil.

On my personal server, I outright reject mail from hosts on cn-kr. I don't know anyone in those countries and if someone there needs to get a hold of me that badly, they can use a throwaway hotmail account or something. I have *never* received a legitimate e-mail from China or Korea. Of course, YMMV and I'd never do this on our servers at work (being an international company, it'd be a Bad Thing).

Steve

--
"Talent does what it can; genius does what it must."
- Edward George Bulwer-Lytton (1803-1873)