Ip to country query

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Dec 5 18:06:19 GMT 2003

At 12:07 PM 12/5/2003, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
>Has anybody done anything with IP to country regarding sources of spam etc?

I use a couple of the blackholes.us lists to add a small amount (max 1.0)
to the SA scores of email coming from countries that aren't normally much
of the day-to-day email here but generate a lot of spam. Mostly cn-kr and
brazil.

I keep the scores low to avoid tagging posts to mailing lists (as I do get
some legitimate traffic from these countries) but it's helpful with some of
the "not quite 5.0" scoring spam.