Red Hat Advanced Server Academic Edition

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Fri Dec 5 15:13:14 GMT 2003

There was some recent conversation about what to do when Red Hat 8.0
and below are no longer supported at the end of this year. Higher
education institutions may be interested to know that an annual license
for RHEL AS can be purchased for $50 from http://www.redhat.com/.

This gives you access to ISOs and RHN updates for versions 2.1 and 3.0.
I can confirm that MailScanner works fine on RHAS 2.1 (which is based
on  RH 7.2) with either the supplied sendmail or Exim. I haven't tried
version 3.0, but if MailScanner works on RH 8 and 9 it should be OK.

Regards,

Mike.