Email is only an image - tag as spam?

Thu Dec 4 15:45:06 GMT 2003

Jody Cleveland wrote:
>>Then maybe you need to learn them?
>

> How do I do that?
>

>>What version of SA are you using. I know 2.55 didn't catch
>>alot of the html stuff as they use hex numbers for the ascii
>>characters ie
>>http://%77%77%77 for http://www. the 2.6 update catches these.
>

> I just updated SA to 2.60. It is catching quite a bit of spam, but not
> the picture ones. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but normally the
> pictures are things I don't care to be seeing.
>
> - Jody
Jody

If you've just upgraded to 2.6 you'll either need to convert the bayes
DB to the new format (there's some emails in the archive about this back
in October when 2.6 cam out), or create a new db.

There's some sa-learn scripts about in the FAQ that will take a pop
based account and populate the database with examples of spam and ham
(valid email).

I've got one for imap based email systems if you need that (should work
with MS-Exchange once you turn on the imap access).

You'll need at least 200 of each before the bayes engine will start to
operate within SA.

Also check the MailScanner spam.assassin.prefs.conf file and make sure
that has the correct path for the DB and bayes is enabled..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.