AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Dec 4 01:46:07 GMT 2003

Gang,
   Are you guys talking about the "accept_unresolvable_domains" mc setting
in sendmail?  As of version 8.9, sendmail won't accept email from unresolvable
domains unless this feature is defined.  I've never enabled it at my site
after sendmail 8.9 (a while ago), and I've never had any complaints about it.
Or is there some other setting to reject sites lacking RDNS?

We have a lot of users with Adelphia broadband at home, and Adelphia is
notoriously bad about no RDNS for their cable modems.  Since we run
tcpwrappers in paranoid mode, I see lots of remote connections from Adelphia
to our academic system rejected by tcpwrappers.  Still, almost no
complaints from our users.  Maybe they are just timid.

--- Jeff Earickson
    Colby College