AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Dec 4 00:55:52 GMT 2003

At 07:16 PM 12/3/2003, you wrote:
>It's a shame other admins don't do this, however I do support AOL on this
>move

As do I.. Hopefully it will at least cause _some_ of the lazy network
admins out there to get off their butts and set up their reverse DNS zones.

Unfortunately, right now there's an awful lot of admins that VERY bad about
getting their butts in gear and making RDNS entires. I can't afford to
bounce email just because the system admin of the other site is lazy,
incompetent, or just massively understaffed and not getting the time to do
it all.

(note that said ineffective admin isn't always the same as the admin of the
affected mailserver, but there's always SOMEONE who should be responsible
for the RDNS that isn't getting the job done).

I do however require a MX for the Mail From: address.. I figure if they
don't have that much, nobody can reply to them anyway. It occasionally
delays mail with DNS server outages, but no biggie, it's a 4xx error so it
gets retried.