Modifying the Filter for HTML (spefically allowing HTML-forms or address based allowing them).

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 16:20:08 GMT 2003

This is yet another job for a ruleset.

In MailScanner.conf, set

Allow Form Tags = /etc/MailScanner/rules/allow.forms.rules

And then in /etc/MailScanner/rules/allow.forms.rules put this:

From:   somejournal at science.com         yes
FromOrTo:       default         no

where "somejournal at science.com" is the address the journal comes from. Note
this is not the address in the "From:" header of the message, but the
envelope sender address which you may find in either the "Return-Path:"
header (if there is one) or else in your mail log.

You can apply rulesets to virtually any configuration setting in
MailScanner, and they can happily each be several hundred lines long if
that's the complexity of configuration you need.

At 16:06 03/12/2003, you wrote:
>Several of my users receive a mailing from a Science journal which
>includes an HTML From.  I've looked through the various config files
>and the documentation and I can't find how to allow these through.
>
>Alternative (and I haven't looked into this as much), is there a way
>to allow HTM-Form email from just that address?
>
>Please send me an off response, and I'll post a summary to the list.
>
>thanks,
>James
>--

>James Hammett
>Users Services / Server and Lab Administration (SLAM)
>Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
>Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701
>        An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK jr.

Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654