False positives

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Dec 2 23:25:45 GMT 2003

At 06:08 PM 12/2/2003, Kevin Miller wrote:
>I was wondering about that, but I would expect that MS would just take that
>under advisement but depend on the total score but I'd never given it too
>much thought.  I just took spamcop out of the mix, so we'll see how much
>difference it makes.

If you configure MailScanner to use "spam lists" it WILL consider any
message in them to be spam.

Basically at the MailScanner level, any of the spam detectors will flag a
message a spam, just as any virus scanner firing off will flag a message as
containing a virus.

If you want to use score-totaling type behaviors, disable all the spam
lists in mailscanner, and enable DNSBLs in spamassassin (be sure to install
Net::DNS).

Spamassassin scores things, MailScanner does not.