Arguments for Amavisd-new or MailScanner?

Michel michel at SENTINIX.ORG
Tue Dec 2 23:08:47 GMT 2003

Hi!

As a long time MailScanner user and without any experience of AMAVISD-new,
what are the arguments against using amavisd-new for, e.g. this config:

Sendmail + {AMAVISD-new,MailScanner} + SpamAssassin (+ ClamAV)

Postfix + Amavisd-new is, I know, without doubt the best combo, since it's
using the Postfix content filter... but what about Sendmail and/or other
MTAs?

(just trying to pick up some good arguments to say whenever I need to explain
why I'm choosing MailScanner and not amavisd-new)

Thanks!
/Michel