AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 20:06:19 GMT 2003

I have just tested this and found it not to be true:

220-rly-yb03.mx.aol.com ESMTP mail_relay_in-yb3.3; Tue, 02 Dec 2003
15:01:11 -0500
220-America Online (AOL) and its affiliated companies do not
220-     authorize the use of its proprietary computers and computer
220-     networks to accept, transmit, or distribute unsolicited bulk
220-     e-mail sent from the internet.  Effective immediately:  AOL
220-     may no longer accept connections from IP addresses which
220      have no reverse-DNS (PTR record) assigned.
HELO mailscanner.biz
250 rly-yb03.mx.aol.com OK
MAIL from: <jules at jules.fm>
250 OK
RCPT to: <steve1 at aol.com>
250 OK
DATA
354 START MAIL INPUT, END WITH "." ON A LINE BY ITSELF