SENTINIX Postfix+MailScanner+SpamAssassin

Michel (by way of Michel <michel at sentinix.org>) michel at SENTINIX.ORG
Tue Dec 2 17:05:41 GMT 2003

Hi!

First, thanks Julian for a great piece of software!!
I'm the project manager of SENTINIX (http://sentinix.org), a Linux distro that
includes Postfix with MailScanner and SpamAssassin.

An earlier thread mentioned problems with Postfix and MailScanner. I've read
about this elsewhere too, but never experienced any problem myself.

I do now consider changing MTA.... I'm orginally a "Sendmail-guy" but would
like to test Exim or Zmailer before falling back to Sendmail (if). Julian
recommended Exim, so perhaps that's the logical choice?!   *but*, I'm reading
about some local root exploits for, although earlier versions of, Exim, which
is why I'm hesitating. :)

If anyone of you MailScanner users would want to use a pre-configured
anti-virus & anti-spam e-mail system, what configuration would you want?

Preferred MTA?  Exim or Zmailer or {insert favourite MTA} ?

Anyone got good/bad experience of Zmailer + MailScanner ( + SpamAssassin) ??
On a busy (1000+ e-mails per day) proxy/gateway or server??
Compared to {insert favourite MTA} ?

Thanks!
--
Michel Blomgren