was blank, now Clam autoupdate, add f-prot

Carlo Malfatti carlo.m at INFINITO.IT
Sat Aug 30 15:16:52 IST 2003

Il sab, 2003-08-30 alle 16:01, Julian Field ha scritto:
> I am just about to replace all the -autoupdate and -wrapper scripts with
> new versions, so please don't change those scripts unless you *really* need to.
>
>  From tomorrow onwards, all the virus scanner installation paths will be
> specified in virus.scanners.conf and not in the scripts themselves. This
> means that the command line to the scripts has had to change, so you *must*
> put in place all the new -wrapper and -autoupdate scripts that will come
> with the new release.

Ok, thanks.
One more question, since I added the simlink (and freshclam started to
update), no more cron.hourly report were sent to me.
Does this mean the the report saying:

   /etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scanners:

   Found clamav installed
   Updating clamav
   Found f-prot installed
   Updating f-prot

is the symptom that something is not going as expected?
Thanks,
Carlo