was blank, now Clam autoupdate, add f-prot

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Aug 30 13:11:09 IST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 06:43, G. Armour Van Horn wrote: Well, neither of
>my virus definitions were being updated on my MailScanner 4.23-9
>system. Not a crisis, since there aren't any users on there yet, but I
>want to get it working so I can start the switch early next week.

>I have the cron job running that the RPM installed, and it's sending me
>mail every hour saying that it worked. It lies.

Nope, its just not very clear.  It tells you it found f-prot / clam and
its updating them [by which it means it is running the updater].

Julian, perhaps the "Updating $NAME" should be changed to "Running
${NAME}-autoupdate" just to avoid any confusion n future?

You can see the output of the updater by looking in your maillog.  Try..

grep -i f-prot /var/log/maillog      [Substitute the correct path/file!]

This should help as the f-prot-autoupdate script catches quite a few
errors.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000