Help with "Found a form in HTML message"

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 17:36:33 IST 2003

At 15:54 29/08/2003, you wrote:
>I guess I am a little confused with the classification of "Found a form in
>HTML message" and why it is classified as a Virus or Virus detected. I
>would think it is better to put this in the same classification as Bad
>Filename or better yet, Policy Enforcement. I would think that in most
>cases these are not Viri but something else so is there a way to do this?
>That is sending something other then "Virus detected" to the end user?

I'll take a look.

>Also, I am assuming that this is the "Allow External Message Bodies"
>setting in the MailScanner.conf file that is doing this?

No, it's this:

# Do you want to allow <Form> tags in email messages? This is a bad idea
# as these are used as scams to pursuade people to part with credit card
# information and other personal data.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Allow Form Tags = no

--
Julian Field