Individual services

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Fri Aug 29 14:02:15 IST 2003

FWIW a while ago I sent Julian an update to
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/zmailer.shtml (you can see
it at http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/doc/install/zmailer.shtml my guess is
maybe he'll put it on-line once 4.23 final is released, since some parts of
the document are for that version).

Whenever those instructions are for ZMailer, I added an init.d script that
only starts MailScanner, since I personally rather have individual control of
the services.

That script is at http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/StartupScripts/MailScanner

The point is that now you need two init scripts to start and stop sendmail...
as I'm looking thru it, the current MailScanner init script has become a
large beast... maybe you could check what options are used for starting
incoming & outgoing sendmail and create your own /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail-in
and /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail-out, maybe based on the original script that
comes with sendmail...

Good luck!

--
Mariano Absatz