RC scripts - restart not working

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Fri Aug 29 08:43:41 IST 2003

Hi Kevin,

Our systems software (not controlled by us) restarts sendmail every 15
mins - this causes MailScanner to try to run in parrallel with Sendmail.

We've managed to circumvent this by adding a script at the end of the
cron job that "Restarts" MailScanner and kills any rouge Sendmail processes.

I'm sure there must be a better way, any and all suggestions
appreciated. Unfortunately the systems software is all encrypted code
and can't be altered :(

Cheers!

Dave

--
Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
1300 85 HOST
www.platformhosting.com

  This message has been scanned for viruses and unsafe content by
  Platform MailScanner

  To report SPAM forward the message to: spam at platformhosting.com
  To report incorrectly tagged messages: notspam at platformhosting.com

  Platform MailScanner - http://mailscanner.platformhosting.com/