Mailscanner filter server to my Mail store " I just canna do it c aptain! "

Wed Aug 27 20:29:16 IST 2003

Hi!

> Oh?   I thought round-robin DNS made sure that each client request coming in
> to a DNS server got the addresses records in a different order, and clients
> try to contact the first one they're given (unless it's uncontactable, in
> which case they try the second, etc).

We use this for news and so on, wortks pretty ok.

For mail we are using an Alteon loadbalancer, since that can also detect
when a box is down, so we only advertise one ip, and behind that several
boxes...

Bye,
Raymond.