Mailscanner stats

Randy Herban rherban at HYPERVINE.NET
Wed Aug 27 16:44:43 IST 2003

Might be a good idea if you investigate a central syslog server.
Set your mail server up to send all of its logs to another server.  Have
the second server handle the mailstats and/or mrtg stuff.

For mailstats, I had to remove a couple of things (like getting the
current mailqueue) but was not major surgery on the scripts.

I also have my mrtg graphs ssh into my mail cluster so I can graph the
incoming and outgoing queues for trends.

Randy