OT: Easy way for NT admins to release quarantined items?

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Tue Aug 26 17:22:40 IST 2003

Tom Sevy wrote:

> We have a MailScanner system running on RH9, sendmail, spamassassin.  Works
> very very well.
>
> In order to deploy this, we need to find an easy way for our NT admins to
> release items that have been quarantined by MailScanner.
>
> I am aware of where the files reside, and that there will be a q- and d-
> file that go together.
>
> Other than giving them a mapped drive via Samba & having them copy & paste
> the files, can anyone recommend a working solution that would make it easy
> for these non-*nix type admins to release queued items?

Write a script that parses email.

Create an email alias that sends email to the script (e.g.
quarantine.request: "|/usr/local/bin/quarantineRequest.pl").

The script would then move the [dq]* files from quarantine to
/var/spool/mqueue.

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer